Thursday, November 20, 2014

Bangladesh- My pride 

I was seven years old. I still remember that day, I saw posters, colorful monograms and banners with big promises covering every inch of the walls and hanging on the electric lines. It was the election day. It was my first time going to voting center. Though there were several parties competing, people were talking about only two parties. This much I understood that the two parties  ‘BNP’ and ‘Awami League’ were the main ones playing the game. And the interesting fact was despite of being a developing country and still dominated by religious thoughts, the prime ministers of both parties were female and they still are.  Though it seemed to me that the history of Bangladesh started from the liberation war with Pakistan, but there was a little more hidden to it.


                                          

Bangladesh, officially known as People’s Republic of Bangladesh. It’s a small country of 147,570 Km. Though it is smaller then one state of USA, It’s the eight most populous country in the world having 144,233,000 people. It is located in South Asia, surrounded by India in the north, Bay of Bengal in the East and West, and Myanmar in the South. Bangladesh is ranked as fourth largest Muslim country and ninth as most happy country. I love this fact that despite of having so many problems, scarcity, deprivation, population and pollution the people are  still known happier then most of the people in developed countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment